Sunday, November 10, 2013
New Knee Ligament- MSK Radiologists Beware
Two knee surgeons in Belgium have found a previously unknown ligament in the centre of the human knee (pictured horizontally). The new ligament - marked by the arrows below the blue box - has been called the anterolateral ligament and 97 per cent of people are thought to have one. (LCL stands for lateral collateral ligament) The researchers, who have been investigating the injuries for four years, began by studying an 1879 article by the French surgeon Paul Segond who speculated about the existence of an additional ligament located in the centre of the front part of the knee.
Posted by turbospinecho at Sunday, November 10, 2013
- Pianissimo™ unparalleled noise reduction with Tosh...
- Half dose of MRI contrast feasible for rheumatoid ...
- CE credits here: Emerging Concepts in Atypical Fem...
- Researchers find unexpected genetic mosaic in the ...
- Siemens Symbia Intevo SPECT/CT
- MRI Interventions to Present at 2013 Canaccord Gen...
- New Knee Ligament- MSK Radiologists Beware
- ▼ November 2013 (7)
- ► 2008 (35)
- ► 2007 (71)